Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Gone into Missionary work


See how God can lead... Between 1989 and 1993 a Brasilian couple came to the Netherland to work ex-patriate. The very first that were in our country God made it happen that I met them in town when they were exploring and looking for a church to visit during their time in Holland. They became dear friends and when they had to go back they asked us to come to theur country. However our kids were little and it was not possible. Last year during Chistmas time our friend came over for a business conference for a week. We organised a reunion and had a nice time. On the Sunday they had to leave again we made the appointment to keep our promise and come over in January 2006... and so it happened. We have had some weeks vacation with them and visited several places. The last one and a half week we stayed in their appartment in Manaus. At my work a colleague who heard about our vacation plan and he told me he knew somebody who went to Manaus to work for a Missionary organisation. He gave me an email address and when we arrived in Manaus, I started looking. The Mission house appeared to be 15 minutes walking from the apartment so I paid them a visit, was invited to visit the shelter house for street children and ... when they heard that I have a website, they were delighted to hear that and hoping if I could build a website for them. After some hesitation I decided to start with a web-log. But since a web-log is like a dairy, I created a website: http://zending-amazones.vision-4-life.nl (Dutch site)

For you non-Dutch people I have also an English Photo page: http://vision-4-life.nl/Pages_GB/sema-photos_pag.htm

Maybe the Dutch site will be translated. I am looking for a good translator. I like to ask for prayer for this missionary work, because Betty's health is not very good and praying for continuation of that work is not a waste of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home