Thursday, July 07, 2005

Impossible with Man, Possible with God

By: John Ogden, Sr.

Hebrews 11:1 states, “Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” This scripture is both interesting and the definition of faith. Faith can be looked at in two areas, man’s faith and God’s faith. This setting of scripture talks about faith as a substance. I believe the substance in this verse deals with the Spirit of God speaking on the day of creation to a world that was void and without form, creating something out of nothing, an eternal substance above man’s substance. Evidence in this scripture can be looked at in many forms, but the evidence that I like best is knowing that I am redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. This evidence is what Christ did for all of us at Calvary. When I think of faith from this standpoint it makes it easy for me to put my whole confidence and trust in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, for where my faith stops, His holds me up. When I realize that I owed a debt that I could not pay and He paid a debt that He did not owe, I then begin to understand the evidence for our faith. Jesus Christ is the author and the finisher of our faith, which to me means He not only wrote the blueprint, but He completed it. He is all that we have need of in any situation; for any question we might have, He is the answer. May I encourage you to look to Him for the faith that you need in your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home